Thursday, May 30, 2013

Little Things

I said in my first post that I was terribly negligent about blogging... lol

I've been working on a bunch of little things, most for Flickr swaps.  First up, I joined the Fab Little Random Treasure Swap (FLiRTS).  I decided to go for the "easy" list since I didn't want to overwhelm myself.  My partner likes bright rainbow colors, so I decided on Pinwheels

These are the beginning of some hot pads.  The criteria says that they are supposed to be minimally pieced, but I wanted to try something new, and I hope that my partner will forgive my off-point piecing since they're not supposed to really be pieced anyway.

This is what I came up with -- two 8" potholders complete with insulbright batting, and 8 coasters.  They are backed in a cute Robert Kaufman rainbow polkadot print that I got in a scrap-pack from Hawthorne threads (I'm totally addicted to their scrap packs!).

Here are the coasters, I think they look so cute :)  They're definitely not perfect, but I'm happy with how the set turned out.

I also joined the Newbee Quilters group over at Threadbias.  The Queen of the bee this month asked for a churn dash block.  It was super fun to whip up and came together pretty quickly

Since I was using a print with a lot of white space, I decided to invert the pattern and use the solid for the inside for more pop.  I hope the Queen likes it :)

I'm really terrible at taking "in process" pictures, mostly because I do a lot of my sewing at night and the light in my house is terrible.  The next project on my cutting table is the xplus quilt that I talked about in a previous post.  I ordered 16 prints from Pat Bravo's Indie line, and a bunch of black and white prints.  I'm excited to get started :)

2 comments:

  1. Your rainbow pinwheels are beautiful - I like the vivid colours against the text prints. I'm happy to have discovered your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Erica! I'm mailing these off to my partner today so I hope she enjoys them as much as I enjoyed making them :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :) Have a happy day!