Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Sewing Swap

Happy (almost) Halloween!  I love Halloween, it's always been one of my favorite holidays.  So, of course I jumped at the chance to participate in Martha Fipps' Halloween swap.  And I didn't hesitate to buy a whole slew of new Halloween fabrics (lol!)  Unfortunately I had no idea when I signed up that life was going to be so crazy the last couple months so it was a little hectic getting 4 items sewn up for my partner.

My partner wasn't too picky, but didn't have kids, so all of the items were for her.  I decided to try my hand at making a cuppa and a catch-up's nesting bowl pattern using Rachel's (@woodenspoon) flying geese dimensions for the focus print.  I made the 7" bowl and it turned out HUGE!  The basket filled up with all the goodies stuffed a medium flat rate box.

I also made Noodlehead's small Open Wide pouch, a little card wallet using the leftover HSTs from the flying geese, and an improv pieced coffee cozy with some more scraps.

Isn't that button and Riley Blake: Too Cute to Spook adorable?

I received a lovely package in return from Katie.  It turned out that it was an even partnered swap, so I created for and received from the same person.  Katie claimed she was new to sewing, but after looking at the items she made me, I don't believe it!  She did such a fantastic job with everything!

 
I think the coasters are my favorite -- scrappy on one side, text print on the other -- what could be better than that?

I had such a fun time decorating over the weekend.  The bunting goes perfectly over my fireplace and the table runner on the coffee table :)

Did you make anything fun for Halloween?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment :) Have a happy day!