Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Stash #5: Black Friday

Did you take advantage of the proliferation of Black Friday-Cyber Monday deals last week?  I sure did...  I really don't need more fabric, but who can resist such juicy deals :)

I am definitely not in the habit of stashing solids, so I forced myself to stock up on some.  I looked at fabrics I already had in my stash and checked out Pink Chalk Studio's "What Goes with What" to find some coordinating solids since I've realized it's a pain to buy solids on when I need them, then have to wait for the mailman ;)

Top: Kona Poppy, Kona Melon, Kona Carnation, Kona Cedar, Kona Parsley
Middle: Kona Wasabi, Free Spirit Solids Chartreuse, Kona Bonsai, Kona Kale, Kona Cypress
Bottom:  Free Spirit Solids Parrot Blue, Cotton Couture Aqua, Cotton Couture Periwinkle, Kona Amethyst, Kona Petunia

I already had purchased some solids to go along with my Dogwood Petals quilt, but I wanted to round out the stash, and also get a few of the new Kona Colors -- Kona Kale is definitely my new favorite :)

I also allowed myself to order one half yard bundle from Etsy.  I could have definitely purchase several, but I had willpower this time and limited it to one.


It came down to AMH's new "Dowry" Line, or Rashida Coleman Hale's "Koi."  Since Dowry was just released, and Koi is getting harder to find, I decided to get Koi now and maybe I'll ask Ryan for Dowry for Christmas ::wink::

Last but not least, I waited in the hellishly long line at Joann's at 7:30am on Black Friday.  I took a number when I got there, chose my fabric at a very leisurely pace, and still ended up waiting about 45 minutes get my fabric cut.  I really didn't have anything going on though, so it was totally worth it.

Fabrics from Julianna Horner, Denyse Schmidt, Cloud 9, Stonehill Collection, and Legacy Studio

I snagged up a bunch of stash builders at 40% off, plus the 25% off coupon.  I also got 7 yards of printed flannel that I hope to put to good use after the holidays.

I think I'm done buying fabric for the rest of the year.  I'm debating whether I have the willpower to go on a fabric fast in 2014... not sure I do, but I'm sure going to try.  Did you snag up any hard-to-resist deals?

8 comments:

  1. Pretty things! I've been resisting Koi, but it has some really great prints that I kind of wish I'd bought. Oh well, I don't need to have everything ever, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I read a blog post recently about how the fabric manufacturers create the urge to hoard fabric by releasing things quickly and only doing limited print runs. If I ever win the lottery then I can buy ALL THE FABRIC but until then I'll have to settle for the stuff I really want :)

      Delete
  2. Jealous of your Koi buy! I'm really liking that fabric now. I hate it when I like fabrics too late and they're hard to find! :( but I guess that means I've saved some money.. *lol*

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my list for a while now so I thought I'd snag it up while I still could. I'd really like to get 5+ yards of the "Its a plus" in voile for a dress, but I think I waited too long. Oh well, something just as beautiful will come along eventually.

      Delete
  3. You got some great stash fabrics there! And what a brilliant idea to stock up on some solids. I really need to do this :) I'm going to do a modified fabric fast for 2014. Working out the details in my head now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Leigh Anne! I'd love to hear more about the "modified fabric fast." I think I'm pretty good at controlling my fabric purchasing impulses but there are some fabrics that are just too hard to resist... esp since the very popular ones go out of print so quickly it seems.

      Delete
  4. Pretty, pretty choices! I love your Konas. Looks like some of them will look fabulous with that Koi you treated yourself to!

    What is WITH Joanns at Christmas?! I swear, ours is a ghost town all year and then Christmas comes, and blammo. Every woman in a 20-mile radius is in there with 15 bolts of Christmas novelty fabric in their cart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice deal! I am doing the fabric fast and I'm scared!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment :) Have a happy day!