I'm really glad I finished all my August bee blocks early this month, because of how hectic things have been.
My first, and the bee I've been a member of the longest is the Newbee Quilters bee on Threadbias. This month, our queen asked for rainbow Charming Stars blocks. I love that this tutorial takes charm squares, because I have a HUGE pile of charms from different swaps. I grabbed a rainbow of charms and this is what I came up with
Next up are my do.Good.Stitches Grace Circle blocks. Jenny wanted 12.5" Star Crossed blocks that feature pink, purple, or fuchsia.
Asterisk Flying Geese layout of our blocks from July, and it looks fabulous :) I feel so lucky to be part of such a great group!
Last, but certainly not least, I am so thrilled to be part of another bee that formed out of the New Blogger's Blog Hop -- the Scrap-Bee-Licious bee. If you couldn't tell from the bee name, the purpose is to choose a block that is scrap friendly. These ladies are so talented and I can't wait to have a quilt from this group. Our inaugural queen is Ashley from Wasn't Quilt in a Day and she requested Converging Corners blocks with white center squares. This quilt is so cool, I don't know how I hadn't seen these before!
If you want to follow along with the lovely ladies in the bee, here's the schedule for our little bee:
- August: Ashley @ Wasn’t Quilt in a Day
- September: Gwendellyn @ The Rainbow Revolts
- October: Cath @ Wombat Quilts
- November: Alyce @ Wonderland by Alyce
- December: Nicole @ Modern Handcraft
- January: Rachel @ Let’s Begin Sewing
- February: Nanette @ Yeah, I Made That
- March: Liz @ beadqueene’s bits and baubles
- April: Robin Sue @ RobinSue Quilts
- May: Stephanie H @ Simple Sewendipity
- June: Stephanie A @ Quarter Incher
- July: Michelle @ Factotum of Arts
- August: Laura @ Little and Lots
Thanks for stopping by! Do you participate in any quilting bees?