Wednesday, June 12, 2013

FMF table runner progress

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedWe're back from a lovely long weekend in Williamsburg, VA.  Other than the torrential rain Monday early afternoon it was such a nice trip.

Now that we're back, it's time to get back to sewing.  I've decided to start participating in some link-ups, so here's what I've been working on lately (linking up for WIP Wednesday)

Before we left I broke out my neglected Flea Market Fancy table runner that I unceremoniously shoved in a drawer a month or so ago and decided to finish it up.  FMF is the fabric that made me want to start quilting.  I knew I needed to do something with it but I wasn't sure what, and I wasn't confident enough in my sewing abilities to cut into such a beautiful stack.


I was inspired by this quilt on Flickr and decided to turn my stack into a table runner and place mats.  I'm hoping that I can at least finish the top by this weekend, then I'll get started piecing the "back."  I think I'm going to make it reversible and use my DS charms I got in the DS charm swap for the back :)

8 comments:

  1. I think your table runner is going to be lovely when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I finished the top last night, the sucker is HUGE, lol.

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing it! I love Flea Market Fancy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting. FMF is the best, luckily I bought half yards so I have a lot of extra :)

      Delete
  3. I think it is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I finished it up last night and I'm loving how it looks so far. Now onto backing it :)

      Delete
  4. You go girl! No need to hide away ones beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It was only hidden because I sew in my dining room and we had company for dinner one night, lol!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :) Have a happy day!