Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I mentioned a few posts back that Pat Bravo's Indie was on my cutting mat.  Well Indie is all chopped up and ready for my #xplusalong quilt.  I am still in the process of cutting up my neutrals (I got really sick of cutting!  So I'm just cutting the background and plus ends as I go.)

I chose 16 fabrics from the line, I left out most of the "low volume" ones since I'm going for a look similar to Holly's finished quilt.  My Low volumes, and blacks consist of a wide variety of prints that I just chose willy nilly.  Some are from my stash, some I purchased.  I wanted a pretty good variety to add more texture to the background.

The cut fabric looks so pretty on the table doesn't it?  :)

And here are my finished blocks -- 10 down, 46 more to go for a queen sized quilt, I'm sure you'll be seeing my blocks in future WIP Wednesday posts!


 

WIP Wednesday at Freshly PiecedI've also been working on my Swap Primer Post -- maybe by the end of the week?  I know people are looking forward to it, but things with this house are pretty complicated at the moment so we have been spending a lot of time dealing with that... why can't Real Estate just be easy????

Linking up with WIP Wednesday!

12 comments:

  1. great blocks! I'll look forward to seeing the blocks come together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this so far! Those fabrics are great together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love Pat Bravo's fabric, especially the saturated colors she uses :)

      Delete
  3. i love the fabrics you've chosen! I'd love to make this pattern some day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a great line :) The blocks are pretty easy and fun to make, you should definitely try it!

      Delete
  4. Love those deep saturated colors - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indie is such a pretty line :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Your x-pluses look fabulous! I'm at 10 too--woohoo. I'm only aiming for 36, though. Yours is going to make a stunning queen-sized quilt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I can't wait to get it finished. It's actually going to be a duvet cover so I have to figure out how to fit our down comforter in there... but that's a long way away!

      Delete
  6. These blocks look amazing in the Indie fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I love this line of fabrics and most of Pat Bravo's stuff :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for your comment :) Have a happy day!